There is no specific educational qualification specified to appear for the exam. Valid passport or any nationally recognized identity proof is the only requirement.
2) What is the age limit to appear for IELTS?
The citizens below the age of 16 years are not qualified to appear for the exam.
3) How to register for the IELTS exam?
The registration can be done in two ways
Via online registration through the official IELTS website
Via sending the application through courier or personally applying at the IDP Centres located in India.
4) What is the IELTS exam fees?
As the exam fee varies with the country, the fees for India has always been in the range of 10,000-13,000 INR. It is advised to check the current fees while registering for the exam.
5) What is the preferred mode of payment?
Although cash or cheque is entertained, it is recommended to only use the online mode of payment so as to avoid the risk of manipulation.
6) What is the total examination time?
The total time is 2 hrs and 40 minutes for Listening, Reading and Writing. Further, Speaking test is for 11 – 14 min which is conducted separately.
7) In what categories is the exam divided?
The exam is divided into 4 categories: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
8) Is it required to appear for all the sections of the exam at the same time?
While Listening, Writing and Reading papers are required to be given at the same time, the Speaking section, which involves the interview by a highly qualified and certified IELTS expert, can be given at the same time, or up to 7 days before or after the exam, depending on the center. The requirements for the same have to be pre-specified.
9) Where and till what duration can I view my results?
The results are displayed on the official IELTS website and are visible for 28 days after the declaration.
10) When can I reappear for the exam after the recent disqualification?
The exam is scheduled approximately four times a month, depending on the demand of the center. After the disqualification, you can reappear for the exam anytime by following the same registration procedure.